Insurance is all about preserving your standard of living. A major health issue can take its toll on your time and savings – potentially making it difficult or impossible to work. If this happens, you will need to find a way to support yourself and your family. Trauma cover can provide a financial safety net for such events.
Trauma insurance provides cover if you are diagnosed with a specified illness or injury. It covers 44 medical events, conditions and surgical procedures including many types of cancer, heart attack and stroke.
Most people use Trauma Recovery Insurance for:
- Pay for their spouse or family member to take time off work, so they can provide support and care at home
- Pay for additional or alternative treatments that may not be covered by the New Zealand health system or health insurance
- Cover additional expenses such as childcare and travel to medical appointments
- Reduce debt such as mortgage or credit card payments
- Take time off work to rest and recover – often choosing to work reduced hours
- Aid recovery by treating themselves to something that makes them happy, such as going on a family holiday
Some Trauma Insurance benefits you may not know about
Pays a lump sum if the medical event, condition or surgical procedure you experience meets the claim criteria.
Early stage cancer cover
Some of your cancer cover is paid out early to help with your treatment.
It covers professional advice from an approved financial planner to help your family decide the best way to use the money they will receive.
We will pay to help with the cost of professional grief support during the grieving process.
When deciding if you need trauma cover, think about
- Your level of private health insurance
- Other types of life insurance you have
- How much income you and your family will need to live if you can’t work for a while or forever
- What help or family support is available to you
- If you are working, to investigate income protection insurance as this may better suit your needs
Answers to these questions is not an easy task but that’s where Finluca Life & Health Insurance Advisers comes in. We offer independent advice to get the right mix of insurance to suit your personal circumstances.